IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- You can avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Carolina.
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year if you are 72 years or older.
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- You will help further the work and mission of our organization.
How it works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
To download a letter template from you to your plan administrator and from you to UNC, please click on the following forms:
Is an IRA charitable rollover gift a viable option for you? The Office of Gift Planning can help you think through the issues & your planning options. Please contact us for a free, confidential discussion. We would be happy to assist you and answer your questions.